Flat view
D200_4me
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,407Gear list
Like?
I did it...The wedding!
Mar 26, 2007

This is related to an old post of mine:
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1021&message=21583404

Short story is I was asked to shoot someone's wedding and I've never done it before. I wasn't really all that interested, but I agreed to do it anyway. See my old post for more details.

A lot of people on here told me to not shoot the wedding. Others said go for it. Well, I doubt I'll ever do it again - at least not as the primary photographer - but I think the bride will be happy with the $100 she spent. I figured I may as well get something for it. $100 isn't much, but it's better than nothing. I've spent maybe 8 hours post processing so far. If for no other reason, that's a good reason for me not to do weddings as a side job. I just don't have the time to sit at my PC afterwards! LOL

I was lucky to find someone that let me use his Alien Bee lights and a backdrop. Yes I know there's a wrinkle in the backdrop...but hey I'm a rookie.

Anyway, I know I made some mistakes but overall...I think I did pretty good and I'm pretty sure the bride will be happy with what I have for her.

Here's a few samples. I'm still working on the post processing...lots more pictures to go It was an African-American wedding. There's a broom jump involved so that's why there's a close-up of a small decorated broom.

Some waiting around shots, a few ceremony and a few reception.

D200, SB-600, Tamron 28-75, Nikon 24-120VR, Nikon 50 f/1.8.

Let me know what you think. Again, I'm no pro and won't claim to be one...I know I made mistakes. I even missed a few shots I needed

D200_4me's gear list:D200_4me's gear list
Fujifilm X20 Olympus E-M1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-140mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH. / Power O.I.S +4 more
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow