Started Feb 23, 2002 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
databana
New MemberPosts: 6
Like?
bad G2 pics on eBay
Feb 23, 2002

New G2 user question. I've taken shots of items to post on eBay but they look very bad on the eBay site. I take the pictures using low resolution, high compression setting. When I load into Adobe Photoshop LE, I crop the image, save it, and ftp the picture to my personal website. I then create html, embed the url address for the pictures in my url, and copy my url into the message area on eBay. I also use one of eBay's one free picture option by putting the url address in their area for adding pictures.

The pictures in my html are grainy and blurry, however the same picture in eBay's one free picture option is clear. Also, on my laptop, the pics on the eBay site are all clear and look fine. This is only happening on my home PC. I've changed the monitor settings on my home PC to higher and lower resolutions, and I've enlarged the picture and made the picture smaller (thru HTML) but it still looks bad. Seems different monitors see it differently.

Any suggestions on how to make my pictures clear within my HTML file?

Here is the link to an eBay item I have for sale now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1077188713&r=0&t=0&showTutorial=0&ed=1015082501&indexURL=0&rd=1

Notice the first picture is the eBay freebie pic (the pic is still being pulled from my website). Then notice the third picture (its the same identifical picture from the same identical website) however it looks awful. All pics are clear on my laptop, it only looks bad on my home PC.

Any help/advice???--Databana

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow