DSLR's not for everyone.

Started Mar 21, 2007 | Discussions thread
BryanMcKinney
Senior MemberPosts: 1,343
Like?
Re: i would have bought a prosumer over a DSLR
In reply to kevm14, Mar 22, 2007

I'd say that a year was what it took for me to get to my current level because I didn't have enough time to really sit down and write out all the things that I've since come to learn as important.

For instance I understood Shutter speed and aperture but it took me awhile to trully know aperture and where to focus in the frame to get a given DOF if I wanted the picture to be correct not just so so. I also count in that time the post processing learning of Photoshop.

For my friend who's shot weddings for years most of my help to him has been in post processing. He just recently bought a 50 1.8 and a telephoto zoom 2.8. We were at the same sporting event the other day and he was shooting on "sports" mode on his camera and was getting ISO 800 or so with a shutter speed of 125-180 for big ten college women's lacrosse which is high speed. I tried to explain to him that he needed a certain Shutter speed and would need to shoot at 1600 because of the lack of light. I'm sure he'll figure it out when he looks at his blurred pictures with a great background.
--

Please visit my galleries at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bmmckinney/sets

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow