Do you let other people touch your camera?

Started Mar 22, 2007 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mcullenphoto
Contributing MemberPosts: 656
Like?
Do you let other people touch your camera?
Mar 22, 2007

The last few days got me thinking about this. Generally I don't let other people use my camera, and most people don't ask to handle someone else's expensive looking camera anyway. However I do have 3 friends who are also pretty into photography now and use SLRs, and I don't have a problem with them trying out my stuff. My father has a different attitude that your camera is a really personal thing, and no one else should use it.

This comes up now since I bought my D200 this past weekend, and find myself being a lot more nervous than usual when my friends are looking it over. Probably partly because they don't know how to use it. Also, one of them got the grip greasy last night after using it to photograph me holding a ball python. That changed the feel of the camera so much, the "sticky" feel of the rubber on the D200 is one of the reasons I like holding it more than a lot of other cameras on the market. So it being slippery totally threw me off, even now it doesn't quite feel as sticky, after cleaning with a damp paper towel, and alcohol wipes. wouldn't mind any tips on that either.

So, the question is, do you let other people handle your equipment or not, and what are your feelings on it?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NopeNew
yesNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow