LOOK OUT Pany

Started Mar 12, 2007 | Discussions thread
JosephScha
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,235Gear list
Like?
Re: What's the unique selling point? - face recognition
In reply to Erik37, Mar 15, 2007

After lots of years with cameras from an old Kodak box through instamatics, to Pentax H3V and Pentax K1000 and then digital with canon A70 and now a Panasonic FZ7, I've never had a camera with face detection. I've learned to recognize when exposure compensation is necessary to correctly expose a brightly it face in front of a dimmer background; I've learned about spot metering (which I think is hard to do). If I had a camera with "face recognition" that could find and correctly expose for a face, - especially if that feature could be enabled and disabled - I'd use that feature and if it worked I'd know how useful it is.

I think the biggest issue that face recognition will face may be that the people who need it most, the people who that feature is aimed at, are probably the ones who don't understand what it might do for them and think their snapshots are just fine without it in their current camera.

JosephScha's gear list:JosephScha's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G10 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm F4-5.6 OIS Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow