ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ducu25
New MemberPosts: 13
Like?
Canon 24-70mm F2.8 L - vs - Canon 24-105 F4 L IS
Mar 6, 2007

Hi everyone

I am planning to get a new lens for my camera and I have this dilema regarding these 2 lenses. I am very interested if any of you had both of these lenses which one you recommend

I found also this useful link to compare different lenses but some other opinions might help me a lot

http://the-digital-picture.com/Reviews/ISO-12233-Sample-Crops.aspx?Lens=101&Camera=9&FLIComp=0&APIComp=0&LensComp=355&CameraComp=9&FLI=0&API=2

The 24-70 has a better F2.8 and is very a recommended lens, but the 24-105 has a higher focal distance and the IS and is also recommended as an excelent lens. The price is almost identical so I am curious from your own experience which one has the best quality (fast focus, sharpness, etc)? Should I rely on the F2.8 or I could really use the IS and the extra length to 105 mm?

The idea is to have a general purpose lens (portraits, wedding, some landscapes, etc.). I will also get a 10-22mm wide angles.

Thanks a lot
Thank you very much.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow