Started Mar 6, 2007 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Vernon D Rainwater
Forum ProPosts: 12,058
Like?
I Need Video Card Help
Mar 6, 2007

I have been reviewing Video Cards (for PCI Express x16 slot) and the more I look, the more confusion exists. The maximum I would need is 256 Mb and since I have no interest in Games, I assume 128 Mb would probably be adequate since the major usage of (a planned new computer) will be for Photo Image processing with Photoshop and other related software.

I want a card that has 2 DVI connectors and I ASSUME either (or both) of these could be used with VGA type Monitors with 15 conductor connection – using an adapter for the 24 to 15 conversion or one CRT and one LCD.

I presently have 2 good quality CRT Monitors and 1 that is only average and want to continue using one of the larger batter units.

There appears to be many cards with one 24 and one 15 connection but if a conversion adapter can be used, I don’t want to get this type of card. The previous recommended cards (before I had any idea what type I wanted) had the 24 and 15.

I want a good quality card at hopefully a logical price, however; quality is more important than price as long as it is a balanced value for the price.

I will greatly appreciate if some of you “that have been there and done that” will offer advice for such a Video card.

-- hide signature --

Vernon...

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow