Jumping ON the ship - questions

Started Mar 3, 2007 | Discussions thread
jcharding
Senior MemberPosts: 1,977Gear list
Like?
Re: Jumping ON the ship - questions
In reply to assafb, Mar 5, 2007

The Minolta 7D is the best camera I have ever owned, and have yet to play with a camera with better ergonomics (and I have spent a lot of time playing with the Nikon D200 and Pentax K10D lately). I have enjoyed using mine immensely and have not had a single problem of any kind (and I have taken I don't know how many thousand of shots).

All that said, unless I was getting the used 7D at an extremely low price I would not invest any money in the Minolta or Sony line at this time. Getting a 7D repaired can apparently be extremely problematic, and in my personal opinion I have not seen enough from Sony to merit investing hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars in additional products. You can invest on hope, and odds are that your hope will be realized to some extent, but it is not a decision I would make.

Regarding your personal question about problems to watch for, the thing I would look for the most is whether the 7D is experiencing any frontfocus or backfocus problems.

jcharding's gear list:jcharding's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Olympus PEN E-P2 Olympus PEN E-P3 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow