Started Mar 4, 2007 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
stevevp
Junior MemberPosts: 45
Like?
Eclipse, bad eyesight and banding?
Mar 4, 2007

Three weeks into my D200 + 18-200 VR ownership (and a D-SLR newbie), last night's eclipse threw up a few issues. Firstly though I was very pleased with my initiial results from the early stages of the eclipse when the moon was still well illuminated. I have probably over-sharpened this in Picture Project.

As it got darker I realized that I was struggling to focus the subject clearly, possibly because I wear varifocal glasses. Does anyone else have this problem and/or do members use a viewfinder magnifier for this sort of shot and if so which one please?

And finally, I was quite pleased to get anything at all from the later stages of the eclipse, the following isn't completely useless and there's even a hint of orange bottom right.

However, if you look at the top of the last picture there is some vertical striping in the glare. At first I thought it was from some vertical movement of the tripod head but I now wonder if I have the dreaded banding issue?

Thanks in advance for your views, Steve

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YesNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow