R1 RAWs; optimal workflow / settings in CS2 ?

Started Mar 4, 2007 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
henricoo
Junior MemberPosts: 31
Like?
R1 RAWs; optimal workflow / settings in CS2 ?
Mar 4, 2007

Hello,

I tried to devellop SR2-files from my R1 with photoshop CS2, the results so far are a bit disappointing. Colors for instance are a bit "strange" compared with the JPEG's. Where on the internet can I find infomation about working with RAW/SR2-files using CS2? Does anybody have a short workflow (settings etc.) for me for optimal results from SR2-source? I'm curious or the results by using RAW really outperformes JPEG. I'm pretty satisfied about that so far.

My standard settings for JPEG on the R1 are "fine", standard sRGB, and low contrast and sharpnes, that gives me the oportunity for nice postprocessing. By the way, is there an advantage by using Adobe-RGB on CS2 (both Adobe)?

I print my larger pictures on a Epson R300, snapshots let I print at the local store. They print them for me "uncorrected" on photopaper. Is the product / result after postprocessing SR2's with CS2 always a JPEG or has it advantages to use another format?

I also have downloaded Image Data Converter SR, I suggest that using that will not lead to a better result than using CS2 (another tool for a same result...).

I hope someone can help me.

Eric

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow