Pentax K10D D-BG2

Started Feb 1, 2007 | Discussions thread
Seamus Kelly
Regular MemberPosts: 121
Like?
Re: Pentax K10D D-BG2
In reply to 7dlover, Mar 3, 2007

I used a grip on my *istD all the time and have one for the K10D, they were out of stock or I would have another for my second K10D but as it is I run one with and one without. Both feel pretty good but I prefer the feel of the one with the grip but perhaps just because I've used a grip for so long. I certainly find it easier to hold the camera steady in the portrait format using the grip than without.

The power switch issue is exactly the same as on the older cameras in that the switch on the camera acts as a master switch and must be on for the camera to work. I don't know why or whether it is a good ideea.

The main advantage I've found with the power switch on the grip is that you can turn it off which disables the controls, including shutter button, on the grip. When shooting in landscape format it is easy to accidentally activate the controls on the grip with the heel of your hand which can be inconvenient and switching off prevents that which is useful.

I thought the extra battery power would be useful as it really helped on the *istD but the K10D takes so many shots on the standard battery I probably don't need it.

For me its about feel so if it feels good for you, or you take lots of portrait format shots, then I'd highly recomend it.

-- hide signature --

Shaysart - Capturing your Dreams

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow