Started Feb 26, 2007 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Kal525
Regular MemberPosts: 153
Like?
Tripod Recommendations for D200
Feb 26, 2007

I currently own a Nikon D50 with a 18-55 mm lens and shoot mostly HDR (high dynamic range) photographs. As such, I use a tripod for every single shot I take. After considerable use, my current $50 Best Buy tripod is now broken in two places and is about as steady as my hand...

I plan on buying a D200 with a 18-200 mm lens from B&H this week and would like a nice tripod (and camera bag, if anyone has suggestions) to go along with it. Searching these forums has revealed that the leader of the pack is Gitzo, both in performance and price. $50 to $500 is quite a price jump for a tripod and I would have a hard time justifying such a thing. To add to the confusion, I don't know much about ball heads and pan/tilt heads. The tripod I own now came with an attached pan/tilt head. I don't think I will be able to talk myself into spending more than around $300 for a tripod, especially since it will be coupled with the D200+lens kit purchase.

I would appreciate any input on this matter.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow