Started Feb 24, 2007 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Sirandar
Regular MemberPosts: 359
Like?
I still have hope in Panasonic
Feb 24, 2007

Despite the fact that I have been deeply critical of some of their recent decisions regarding their cameras I still find Panasonic a facinating company and still have faith that they can make a camera better than the FZ30 (or FZ50 depending on your preferences)

I think they need to take a hard look at their marketing department and get some fresh blood there for certain product mainly their FZ line and the kitchen appliance line.

I say this for 2 reasons:

1) Panasonic marketing IMO doesn't understand who is buying, using and appreciating the FZ line of cameras. After the FZ30 their decisions were made like they are trying to make a gigantic point and shoot camera instead of focusing on areas where they can innovate and really improve the camera. People who pork out for an FZ don't want useless megapixels.

2) Panasonic has reinvernted the microwave oven and nobody seems to know about it. Their Inverter line of microwaves are so much better than a conventional microwave that it shouldn't even be called a microwave, it should be called a new name. Conventional microwaves only have one real power level (maximum) and they mimic lower levels by turning maximum level on and off in succession. This is utterly stupid and the results are aweful unless you are just warming up soup. Panasonic innovated and made a microwave that actually ramps down the real power level and if you really use your microwave for anything other than soup you can never go back once you have one of these new Panasonic microwaves. They called it "inverter" technology, a bad name that few understand. Again they dont undertand their target market and are trying to sell a revolutionary product to people who heat up soup and give it cryptic name that few understand the meaning of.

Sirandar

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow