Looks like digital photographer types should avoid Vista.

Started Feb 15, 2007 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
J A K
Forum ProPosts: 15,833
Like?
Looks like digital photographer types should avoid Vista.
Feb 15, 2007

Below is a quote by the Chromix folks lifted from the Chromix Colornews, Issue #26 (14Feb2007); this is their summary statement.

-- hide signature --

"WCS has the makings of a very capable color management system. It seems to be able to fit into traditional ICC-based workflows and then quickly flip into WCS mode for some of its newer features and capabilities. The architecture certainly has a future. It's the present I am concerned with primarily. Due to Vista's non-handling and mishandling of graphics card calibration curves it is next to impossible for a professional user to be confident that their system is properly calibrated and displaying color correctly. For this reason I do not recommend Vista for professional workflows at this time. When Microsoft addresses the calibration-clobbering bug in a future service pack then I think Vista will make an effective platform for high quality color production."
-----------------------------------------------------------

Has anybody achieved "guaranteed, no doubt about it" color management success using Vista?

Regards,

Joe Kurkjian, Pbase Supporter

http://www.pbase.com/jkurkjia

SEARCHING FOR A BETTER SELF PORTRAIT

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow