SP-550UZ: 504mm Dual Image Stabilization Tests (Unofficial)

Started Feb 14, 2007 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
eyong52
Regular MemberPosts: 112
Like?
SP-550UZ: 504mm Dual Image Stabilization Tests (Unofficial)
Feb 14, 2007

Hi everyone,

As requested by some of you, I have found some time to do a few image stabilization tests at full telephoto, i.e., 18x zoom or 504mm.

For Part 1, where the 2 full wide angle shots were used, please check out this link:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1008&message=22043088

I could call this Part 2 of the Unofficial Image Stabilization Test.

IMAGES 1-8 WERE DONE WITH THE DUAL IMAGE STABILIZATION FEATURE ACTIVATED, WHILE IMAGES 9 AND 10 WERE WITHOUT THE IMAGE STABILIZATION.

All the tests were done inside my apartment using available light coming in from the balcony. The time was around 1:30pm local Malaysian time. The subject was placed about 7 feet from the camera, on a coffee table. No flash was used.

The ISO was fixed at 100 and the images have all been resized to 640x480. Shutter priority was used and the sharpness, contrast and saturation levels have been set to "normal" (+0, default setting).

Please remember I'm not a reviewer but just a photography enthusiast. I just want to tell you more about this wonderful camera. If I have not done something correctly, please don't jump on me. Have mercy, please!

Please feel free to comment.

Image 1
-----------
DIS, 1/60s, f4.5

Image 2
-----------
DIS, 1/40s, f4.5

Image 3
-----------
DIS, 1/25s, f4.5

Image 4
-----------
DIS, 1/20s, f4.5

Image 5
-----------
DIS, 1/15s, f5.6

Image 6
-----------
DIS, 1/10s, f6.3

Image 7
-----------
DIS, 1/6s, f8.0

Image 8
-----------
DIS, 1/4s, f8.0

Image 9
-----------
No DIS, 1/40s, f4.5

Image 10
-------------
No DIS, 1/60s, f4.5

I think it's time to get an SP-550uz yourself. Cheers!

Eddie Yong

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow