ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Gideon01
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,173
Like?
Sad news, friends.
Feb 3, 2007

Hello everyone,

I'm so sad to have to break this to you. I've been notified this morning that Frank (username: Phrank) passed away yesterday, on his birthday. I received an e-mail from his daughter telling me so.

Frank and I have been corresponding by e-mail for some time now. As you may have noticed, Frank has not posted in the last couple of weeks, since he has not been feeling well. He posted one last message three days ago, and I thought that was a good sign. Alas, the sad news came in today.

Frank is gone, and these forums are the worse for it. In this anonymous cyberspace, where rudeness prevails all too often, Frank was a model forum member, whose postings were always constructive, civil and kind.

It's Saturday, PAW time. Frank was a major contributor to the PAW initiative, and was looking forward to being able to take part in it again. I'm sure he would have wanted to see it gain momentum. So let's honour Frank's memory with active participation.

I'd also like to post two links I've had the pleasure to follow myself. The first one is to a short movie, in which Frank tells about his pursuit of old postcards, and photographing the places depicted therein himself, in the footprints of those "ghost photographers", as he puts it. The link to the movie is the picture on the left:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/wales/capturewales/background/frank-armstrong.shtml

The second is about a trip Frank made to Moscow, after having won the first prize in an international competition about the city. It makes for a most enjoyable (and funny) read, with some excellent (though compressed) photos, too:
http://www.mymoscow.co.uk/

-- hide signature --

Gideon

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow