Started Jan 31, 2007 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MikeSp
Senior MemberPosts: 1,016
Like?
Acronis Secure Zone help needed
Jan 31, 2007

Being new to Acronis True Image, I attempted to set up the Secure Zone on a formatted external USB drive. According to the directions, it creates a hidden partition which automatically expands if the ghosted image (incremental backups) gets too large. This would lead me to believe that the Acronis Secure Zone hidden partition could exist within the hard drive with one large partition, but it creates its partition to fill the hard drive even when I indicated 100 GB in the dialogue box where it asks how large to make the Secure Zone hidden partition and warns that the existing partitions will be destroyed which they are.

I then created two partitions with one 100 GB partition in which to place the Acronis Secure Zone and one 220 GB partition in which to drag and drop files (photo images). Yep--Acronis again destroys all partitions and hogs the entire drive.

My questions to Acronis were met with a boilerplate response demanding screen dumps and other information zipped along with a copy of the receipt for the software even though it was properly registered. It seems that they don't want to really be of assistance with so many hoops through which to jump for such a simple question.

Can anyone here be of assistance--is it possible for Acronis Secure Zone to reside on an external hard drive in its own partition and coexist within or beside an NFTS partition for other data?

MikeSp

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow