Started Jan 28, 2007 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
pL86
Junior MemberPosts: 41
Like?
HP 9180 Disconnected Status Problem
Jan 28, 2007

I've had the printer for about three weeks ago. Recently, maybe in the last week or so, the printer status software seems to be developed a problem recognizing when the printer is turned on and ready. The printer goes to sleep after a certain period of inactivity and the status would change to disconnected (I'm talking about the status obtained from the HP Solutions software, not the LCD display on the printer itself). Pressing the OK button used to wake the printer up and change the status from disconnected to ready. However, pressing the OK button now has no effect on the software status; it continues to say the printer is disconnected even after I've printed a document! I know the software is communicating with the printer on some level because it displays the ink levels and the status of the printheads but for some reason, it insists that the printer is disconnected. The only way can get the software to recognize that the printer is ready is: 1) turn the printer on and off; or 2) unplug and replug the USB cable. I've changed the power management feature on the USB ports so that the printer is never powered down by Windows but it didn't fix the problem. Anyone having the same problem and solutions?

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow