Started Jan 27, 2007 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
KENTGA
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,296Gear list
Like?
Buy a Sekonic L-758DR?
Jan 27, 2007

I have a Canon 5D with L lenses, macros and a 580 and mt-24 flash and consider myself a semi-serious amateur. I make mostly pix outdoors from landscapes, scenics, flowers, sunrise and sunsets, etc. I shoot in P, Tv, Av and M.

I usually use creative zone meter reading and find that I have to adjust the 5D about -2/3 f stop to get what I consider a "correct" exposure. When I'm shooting in bright light, it is difficult to "see" the picture on the LCD and I'm sometimes disappointed in the exposure when I go inside and see the pictures I've taken.

Will the L758DR help me evaluate the correct exposure in ambient light and help take some of the guesswork out of getting the correct exposure? How important is is to program the meteer to a specific camera? From looking at their website, they don't have the software for a 5D. Finally, I use a polarizer much of the time. Can you adjust the L758 to compensate for a polarizer?

Thanks!

KENTGA's gear list:KENTGA's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150 Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 40D Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 6D +14 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow