ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
clal
Regular MemberPosts: 113Gear list
Like?
Question for EricN or anyone else who has/had both E900/F20
Jan 23, 2007

EricN,

I address this to you because I know you have or had at one time the E900 and also the F20. Anyone else who has both please chime in.

I purchased the E900 for my wife about three months ago. She had an Olympus p&s prior to the E900. Let me say the E900 takes great images but she has trouble in low light focusing. All she really wants is a small p&s camera so I have been thinking about the F20. With the E900 she sometimes forgets about manually popping (did not have to with prior camera) up the flash when taking pictures indoors of our grandchildren unless I am around to remind her. She doesn't even want to think about changing the ISO or any other settings for that matter. I purchased the E900 for her because I wanted a good quality camera to take with us on our trip to Europe this year to go along with my S7000. We do enlarge some of our images and with some of our earlier cameras the quality was not that good. On our last trip in 2004 I used my S7K and it really does take great images but I wanted a smaller backup on certain occasions and thought the E900 would deliver. My experience with it tells me it would although not as good as the S7000 (my opinion).

I have seen your posts promoting the F20 and thought I would get your opinion since you have the experience of side by side comparisons between the two. Is the quality of the F20 as good or close to the E900 especially for enlarging to 8x10 or 8 1/2 by 11. I think it (F20) would be better for her in low light and would be more user friendly in her case.
Your opinion on the pros and cons of each would be appreciated.
Thank you.

clal's gear list:clal's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D600
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow