Started Jan 9, 2007 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
markusberger
Regular MemberPosts: 127
Like?
My personal review of the Dicain Vertical Grip for Alpha
Jan 9, 2007

After only 5 days my new Dicain Vertical Grip for the Sony Alpha arrived from Korea well packed. If you are interested in one, you can order them via sinbad@hanafos.com for $138 + shipping.

First of all some pictures:

My first impression was very positive: the grip is of good quality and it looks really great attached to the camera. The surface of the grip as well as the rubber material look almost identical to the one used on the Alpha, so the grip doesn't look "alien" attached to camera.

The battery door just disappears in the grip, then you attach the shutter remote cable and insert the battery and you're already done! Once attachted to the camera the grip stays in place, doesn't move around, so that makes me feel very comfortable.

Using the Alpha with the grip is just great, it improves the handling very much, especially if you have big hands. Using it in the horizontal position even with the "beercan" and an external flash is much better than without the grip and in the vertical position it's just as good.

In my opinion the camera looks and feels much more professional now! Another great thing is, that the display rotates, which is just wonderful. You can also attach another remote to the grip.

Overall I am very happy with the grip and I think it's a good investment! In case you have any questions, I'm glad to help!

-- hide signature --
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow