Started Feb 3, 2002 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
kcxpert
Regular MemberPosts: 256
Like?
Found the perfect paper for HP!!!!!!!!!
Feb 3, 2002

After spending over a year testing papers on the HP, i found the perfect paper for the high-gloss film like look that HP papers never quite achieved. Went to Circuit City and picked up a pack of Pictoro High Gloss Film 4 x 6 paper, 15 sheets for $6.

Results of the paper compared to HP Premium Plus

1) Color is much more natural, compared the colors to the original image on a calibrated monitor and colors look perfect.

2) Dithering is alot less aparent

3) Gloss is the same as lab prints, side by side to a 35mm print, the pictures look the same.

4) Smear resistant right out of the printer.

5) Just as sharp as HP paper

I printed these on a photosmart 100, and a 932c. On the 100 i used the compact flash card slot and printed right from the printer, on the 932c i printed from PhotoShop (trail 1) and HP Photosmart Printing (trail 2).

I tell you this brings a whole new excitement level to HP printing. The one thing i have always been jealous about my friends Epson is the fact that prints looked just like 35mm lab (because of the high gloss)...now the exact same thing is achievable on the HP. Please let me know how your results are

Dan

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow