rwg
rwg
Regular MemberPosts: 176
Like?
Epson 3800 prints too dark - need color management advice
Dec 30, 2006

Hi Everyone,

Happy New Year,

I finally got my Epson 3800. This is my first serious photo printer.

It was set up and running in no time. In fact the initial set-up was almost too easy and the printer seems to ignore most of the stupid mistakes I've made. So far, in three days, I have had no clog problems or any other problems and have done only a few prints per night while entertaining visiting family and trying to learn the system and have turned the printer off each night.

Of course everyone wanted immediate prints from my new super printer to take back home. But my initial prints are coming out too dark and the color is not quite right.

So I need advice. I have turned my monitor down and re-calibrated it (it's a NEC 2070NX ). I have read the manual and believe that I am following the parameters for the settings. I am using Epson papers. I know that it must be my lack of understanding of the specifics of this machine as well as my color management or work flow procedures and I know that I need to understand the process better.

Any advice will be appreciated:

1. On any machine settings or settings in the imaging print set-up that I should be aware of but as a new user would not necessarily know I should do, and

2. On a good .com site to learn more about the image management process between monitor and printer, especially the 3800 if any are available yet. I thought that there may be considerable carry-over from the 2400 or 4800.

Thanks, as always
--
Robert

ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow