Started Dec 26, 2006 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Brian
Regular MemberPosts: 190
Like?
Is the SD800 IS the best choice in compact with IS
Dec 26, 2006

I am currently using a Canon S30 and looking to replace it. My priorities in a camera are at odds with one another, picture quality and small camera. When I look at the camera's in store I am always drawn to the small size of the ultra compact camera's, as is my wife who would like one easy to slip in her purse; we have a baby due in a few months.

I really prefer to purchase a camera with image stabilization due to a disability that makes it hard for me to hold the camera still, and the fact that with my S30 I have almost aways had to leave the flash off, as it sucks, and my indoor shots are blurry a lot.

When I look at the "Still LIfe" picture on the image-resource Web site for the SD800 IS it looks blurry to me.

It seems to me that Canon does a good job at getting colors right and Canon is obviously very popular, but I am not opposed to looking at other brands. That same "Still Life" photo taken by the Panasonic LX2 seems to look quite nice, the colors look a little "hotter"; which one is "right" is beyond me without seeing the items in person.

I'd appreciate any thoughts and/or suggestions.

-- hide signature --

Brian Miller

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow