Started Dec 26, 2006 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
deivID
Regular MemberPosts: 358
Like?
f/2.8 or VR??
Dec 26, 2006

Hello everyone, I'm planning on buying a new lens for my D50, I already have a Sigma 17-70 and the Nikon 50mm... now I want a telephoto.

I was planning on buying the new 70-300 VR, a not that expensive option with added VR, seemed like a winning combination.

On the other hand I saw another option, the 80-200 f/2.8... it's 100mm less reach, like $200 more expensive... but with a constant 2.8 aperture.

I'm still not sure what I want... a friend of mine told me that if money's not a problem, the 80-200 would be without a doubt the best option... but i'm not sure yet, because I had a Panasonic FZ5 before and I know what a big advantage VR can be.

My style of photography is urban, a few landscapes (PLEASE visit my gallery to watch for yourself, link at the bottom) and I love low light photography without flash (I dont even own one)... so? What do you think?

I know it's a decision only myself can make... but I would like to read your opinions, your known pros and cons of both options to gather as much information as possible to make my decision.

Thanks!
--

deivID
http://deividmx.deviantart.com/gallery

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow