Started Dec 23, 2006 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
bearzimages
Senior MemberPosts: 1,150
Like?
My Fuji Film Repair Center Experience
Dec 23, 2006

Thought I might share my recent Fuji Repair Center experience with you all. As some of you may know, my S7000 started experiencing CCD failure about 5 months ago. I bought the camera new in 2003. It’s served me well & it’s been a great camera for my digital needs. In the meantime I purchased a Canon Xti. I decided to have the S7000 repaired as a backup, or incase if one of my family members wanted to use it. Besides who really needs a 12mp (albeit interpolated) paper weight sitting around?

Two weeks ago I shipped the S7000 out to Edison N.J. the customer service experience was flawless, they emailed me last week & said it’s on it’s way back to me. Great I thought. However they didn’t mention in the email what the final diagnosis or repair was? also they didn’t mention a repair charge? I’d of course authorised a set amount for repair, & should it exceed that amount to contact me. I phoned & inquired about the diagnosis & repair fee, the very nice Fuji customer service rep said: there’d be no charge & they’ve simply replaced my original S7000! I especially stipulated I didn’t want a refurb or exchange. The rep said it’d take much too long to get the repair parts, & they couldn’t hold up the flow for however long it took to get them from Japan My initial thought was why not stock them, especially if you’re Fuji USA repair center & what about global priority mail?

Yesterday the replacement Fuji S7000 arrived, you can imagine I’m rather excited to test it. Upon first examination it appears to be a brand new S7000; maybe from old stock possibly I thought?

I loaded the batteries & xD card into the S7000, turned it on made my setting adjustments & attempted to shoot a few test shots. However to my surprise the shutter button wouldn’t work, the camera won’t turn off & the lens won’t retract. It’d seem that someone within the Fuji repair department, was much too busy to actually test the replacement S7000 they sent. At the moment I’m extremely disappointed & very frustrated about this. It should’ve been a simple matter of testing the replacement; the irony of it all has, for the time being smoothed the rough edges. However in a 100 years what difference does it make, right? Of course on Tuesday this little lemon of a gem is heading back to Edison N.J.

Anyways Happy Christmas, Season’s greetings or whatever is appropriate, I’ll keep everyone updated. I expect everything will turn out satisfactory. Enjoy the Irony!~
--

Photographers deal in things which are continually vanishing and when they have vanished there is no contrivance on earth which can make them come back again.
Henri Cartier-Bresson

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
JimNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow