In reply to riddell, Dec 22, 2006

riddell wrote:

It is pretty obvious that you don't have an answer but it might be fun
for someone else to see the post that got you so riled up in the first
place...

As usual with all your assuming, like you do, and as I pointed out
reading things, and beliving things how you want to, you have
posted the wrong link. The statement that got me so annoyed was -

Feel free to buy the "cool" camera if you like.

You, again, should really try reading for comprehension. Here is the entire post you are referring to:

"I consistantly print 20x30 photos that my clients think are awsome. You can easily get these type of results with a low-end SLR (I do with the XTi).

Sure, for some things you might actually need some of the features that a "pro" level camera has, and if you do, obviously buy one. But if you are just looking at the quality of the end result, you can easily get professional level results from just about any digital SLR available today.

In Canon's line for example, the difference between the pro camera with the highest resolution and the XTi is a whopping 28% sensor resolution.

Feel free to buy the "cool" camera if you like. Or, if it has a feature that you actually need (instead of just want). But, well, from a business (you know, professional) decision standpoint, if often doesn't make sense."

But, the link that I posted wasn't incorrect at all, it was a very similar post and the beginning of this "sub-thread" for want of a better term. I would still love to see you explain exactly what you disagreed with about:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1014&message=21340954

I object to that massively, and again, as I repeat myself, your
attitude is that anyone buying highend equipment simply does it
because it is 'cool' and because you think people do it to impress
others.
Just shows your childish manner really.

Just shows your absolute inability to actually read and comprehend. Here are some of the statements from the posts that you are whining about:

Sure, for some things you might actually need some of the features that a "pro" level camera has, and if you do, obviously buy one.

Sure there are features in some professional level cameras that will benefit some pro's but most working professionals don't need ISO 3200 for example. If you do, then by all means get it.

And several others in this very long thread along those lines.

So, how in your interesting mental gymnastics, do you translate that to "anyone buying highend equipment simply does it because it is 'cool' "

I'm just curious.

DIPics

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow