Started Dec 19, 2006 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
rhochmuth
New MemberPosts: 9
Like?
Canon SD800 IS Grainines
Dec 19, 2006

Hi, I just got a Canon SD800 IS as an upgrade from a Canon PowerShot S30. Main reasons for buying were, higher resolution, speed (Digic III), battery life, and movie mode.

So far, I'm totaly unimpressed with this camera. There just seems to be an excessive amount of noise and grain in the pictures. The movie mode, one of my main reasons for an upgrade, is terrible and below acceptable. It does not do as well as my nine year old Canon Hi8 camcorder. Compared to my (four year old?) S30 the picture quality seems much poorer under similar conditions. I'm amazed after four years to have a camera that in terms of features is superior, but in terms of picture quality is poorer.

I'm wondering if others are having similiar experiences with this camera. Many of the posters in the review section have said good things about this camer. Perhaps I have a defective unit. It really is that bad. Should I consider another camera? Would a 1/1.8 CCD reduce the noise.

Regards --Roland

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow