D50 Goes to San Antonio (Pictures 1-9)
I was in San Antonio, TX over the weekend. Got away from the Internet and Dpreview for awhile, as it was the 6th wedding anniversary for me & my wife. We live about 6 hours from there. I only popped into Dpreview just enough to see that the Pentax K10D was reviewed, nothing more.
I also did check out the D40 and D200 while there, but that's for another thread.
I went well-equipped. Had 5 gigabytes worth of memory (two-2 Gb cards and two-512 cards), the 18-55mm kit lens, the Sigma 70-300 APO SM2, and Sigma 28-200. Carried the full-sized case and the Lowepro TLZ Mini, polarizer, spare battery, ML-L3 remote, and Velbon tripod with shoulder-sling case.
Shot all the shots in RAW + Basic JPEG, every last one of them. All ISO 200 unless otherwise stated. All also in A-mode unless otherwise stated. All with the Nikon 18-55mm unless otherwise mentioned.
All the shots are "straight," from the Basic JPEG (resizsed to 800x533 for Pbase). Some of them might could be improved.
I have 18 photos; since that is a lot, I split them into two separate messages. This is 1-9.
(1) Near Riverwalk, night-time. Sigma 28-200 at 28mm. 10 seconds at f/8
(2) 8 seconds at f/8
(3) 4 seconds at f/11, ISO 400
(4) 4 seconds at f/11, ISO 400
(5) "Nauseating" (ha ha) couple picture of us, M-mode, pop-up flash, 1/10 second f/8 (ML-L3 remote used)
(6) The Tower of Americas and other downtown buildings from afar, Sigma 70-300 APO SM2 at 150mm, 8 seconds at f/8
(7) The Alamo. 1/125 second f/16
(8) The Alamo. 1/90 second f/16
(9) Another "disgusting" couples photo of us. Harsh front sunlight, unfortunately. 1/180 second f/16
Now, 10-18 in the next posting.