dmc-fx07 vs fuji f30

Started Dec 11, 2006 | Discussions thread
Donald M Mackinnon
Senior MemberPosts: 1,383Gear list
Like?
Re: dmc-fx07 vs Fuji f30
In reply to jotor, Dec 11, 2006

You are where so many people are, or have been. This time last week I was in your position, for me it was the F30 v FX01. I already own a Canon dslr with a 28mm wide angle zoom so can appreciate the picture taking power of the FX01. I also trawled the forums for images and found brilliant sites featuring both models.

If you are going to do outdoors or landscape then the FX01 is the only show in town, the only other contender is the Ixus 850, at £60 - £80 more,but you will not tell the difference in image quality if you stay at ISO 80 or 100.

F30 is good,even brilliant, but its Achilles heel is it is 36mm at its widest, if you are able, do what I did, ask to see both and look at the area the FX01 covers over the F30, for me it was end of story, 8mm might not sound much but it is. Noise freaks ruin this camera, look for images on here and the only noise will be gasps of astonishment that a minute camera can produce such results.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow