Started Dec 10, 2006 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
vanyagor
Senior MemberPosts: 1,135Gear list
Like?
Going back to film ...
Dec 10, 2006

Unfortunately i was not posting/reading this forum much in the last couple of months. And the reason for that is that I've found a new passion: rangefinder (film) cameras. Just by chance (looking for smth in google) I ended up in RFF forum and discovered the world of rangefinders.

The topic of this post is a little wrong, to be more correct I should have said "Discovering film", cause I never really shoot film before (well I did at the time I was not passionate about photography at all).

Well, I tried it and I'm not shooting digital anymore. Film is so much more fun!

Equipment is rather cheap, but the film is what brings the cost up of course.

I'm not planning on giving up digital altogether and I'm sure I will be grabbing my F717 ocasionally to shoot with. Especially if I run out of money for film

For those who like myself never really tried film before I definitely recommend to try it out: buy some cheap SLR (you can get 1 for as low as 10$ on ebay probably a bit more with a decent lens). Get a roll of film and see if you will enjoy it For 35$ you can buy a rangefinder camera with a decent lens as well.

One of the biggest advantages for me is that now I can fit a camera with a f1.5 lens in my pocket!!! (rangefinders are quite small comparing to SLRs) (Most of the time I'm using a 50mm f1.5 lens.).

(I'm not advocating film over digital, digital has plenty of advantages, my point is that film also has its advantages and might be so fun to shoot that I have almost dropped digital!)

Just wanted to share my new passion.
--
Regards,

Ivan
http://gordeli.fizteh.ru/foto/

vanyagor's gear list:vanyagor's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F717 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS3 Pentax K-5 Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF)
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
IvanNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow