Returned D80 for repair

Started Dec 9, 2006 | Discussions thread
Glenn McQuaig
Regular MemberPosts: 145
Like?
Re: Returned D80 for repair
In reply to Laslo Varadi, Dec 9, 2006

In the image I posted, I had cropped out 5 of the 8 hot pixels I could see. Here is a representative example that is still in one of the pics I didn't post. This one looks greenish on magnification. Most were red.

In the picture I did post, the pixel that usually came out the brightest and clearest red color was very subdued. It is near the center of the picture, just below and slightly right of the moon. I could barely find it in the pic for some reason. In every other picture I took it was very prominent, as were 6 or 7 others.

The conditions were simply handheld JPEG Fine, ISO 100 f4, shutter about 1/125 I think. I played with the settings slightly so that may not be exactly right. I went inside and tested some more with the lens cap on and found a ton of hot pixels, but no dead pixels. So it should be a breeze for Nikon to take care of.

Thanks to everyone who replied with advice and information. I forget the serial number, by the way. I'm not sure what range it falls within.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow