Started Nov 30, 2006 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Craig
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,556
Like?
New Mac computers from window?
Nov 30, 2006

OK, I don't know where to get the answers I am looking for. I have searched the web.

I am entertaining the idea of switching to the new apple computers.

Is it worth the pain of using two operating systems since I have a few programs that are expensive in windows that I will still need to run.
CS2, Quickbooks pro, and more.

I know they have bootcamp, and parrelels to run windows, but then I will still need to buy a copy of xp or the newer window version to load on to the new mac. The XP program is not on a separate disk it came with the computer on the drive and plus how would you restall it on another machine? What a pain, I don't know if it's worth it. I think I would like a change. I am sick of Norton utilites and the anti spyware gabage that windows has to deal with, buying yearly subs. that stinks.. ..

What about hardware. Will existing monitor and printers run on the apple now? Or do you need new ones designed for apple?

Any where on the web that I can get these questions answered.

I am thinking about a new laptop first. I don't really need to run windows on it since my main processing programs are on my desktop.

Craig

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
p.s.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow