Started Nov 28, 2006 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Snowcat
Regular MemberPosts: 131
Like?
D80 + 18-200vr
Nov 28, 2006

Ok Guys, now up to 1000 photos taken. Half with 18-135 and half with 18-200mm vr

I haven't had any hot pixels or noise problems with the d80. I was worried about this but mine has worked as well as I could want. However I have also had the over exposure problem (if it can be called that). I have found that it will hunt the shadows in most photos this leads to highlights being blown. Also it might just be me but i cannot get off meter mode and into spot metering in the portraite mode, this I find strange but still yet to work it out.

The lens well the 18-135 is fanstastic and feels great. I haven't found that teh 18-200 build quality to be that much more. However when doing low light or long distance shots the 18-200mm comes into its own. The vr is strange to get used to as it clicks hums and rattles around but the photos are crisp, I was not able to do this with the 18-135mm even when stopping my breathing and heart beat

So this is a love it post. I was very worried when getting the gear as the forumn highlights the problems, and makes them a little over the top. Although the meter is taking me a bit to get used compared to my little oly mju800 snapper.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow