Started Nov 21, 2006 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
cowtung
New MemberPosts: 21
Like?
G7 iso exif fix
Nov 21, 2006

Many of you, I'm sure, lament that the ISO is NOT properly listed in the exif information for the G7 (and I guess other Canons). Here is the solution I've come up with, which does the trick and then some for me.

Download exiftool: exiftool

Make a batch file like this, replacing the info with yours (and removing whatever fields you don't care about):

perl "C:\Tools\Image-ExifTool-6.57\exiftool" "-all> exif:all" "-canon:ownername> Author" "-canon:ownername> XPAuthor" "-CreatorContactInfoCiEmailWork=youremail@blah.com" "-CountryCode=US" "-CreatorContactInfoCiAdrCity=YourCity" "-CreatorContactInfoCiAdrCtry=US" "-CreatorContactInfoCiAdrPcode=94182" "-CreatorContactInfoCiAdrRegion=CA" "-overwrite_original_in_place" .jpg

If you don't want to replace your orriginal files, remove the "-overwrite_original_in_place" part.

Copy the batch file into your folder full of jpg files and run it and if you installed perl and exiftool correctly, it should fix the ISO as well as plopping your Owner Name into the Author field (assuming you set your Owner Name thing up in your camera).

Rock on.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow