ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
M-L
M-L
Senior MemberPosts: 1,109
Like?
Fall colours in North East Japan - WARNING!-Many photos
Nov 13, 2006

I went there for 10 days in mid Oct. It was a bit early for fall colours because the temp was much warmer than expected this year (global warming?? )

Anyway, I tried to make the most of it. These photos are some of the 16G photos I got out of this trip.

(1)

(2)

(3)

(4)

(5)

(6)

(7)

(8)

(9)

(10)

(11)

(12)

(13)

(14)

(15)

(16)

Since this is a gear forum, I really want to praise my D200 here for a couple of things. First of all, I was using ND8 + CPL in a fairly dark valley most of the time. I could bearly see what I was shooting in the VF, but the D200's low light AF was dead on. It focused very quickly and surely without any hesitation. Very impressive!

In my last day of shooting, it was raining all day long. I was soaking wet myself. Water was dripping from my camera and lens at the time, but yet they never failed. Thanks to the weather-proof design they didn't need any maintenance afterwards either. Unfortunately, some of the very nice photos were ruined by the water not inside the camera but on the front of the lens that I failed to wipe off fast enough. (I wish my camera came with a windscreen wiper! ) To give you some idea the kind of punishment my Nikon had to endure. I have attached a photo of the money inside my wallet which is in my jeans' back pocket. My jeans were covered under my Gortex jacket all the time! I know many people say the sensor is everyting, they don't need weather-seal, AF.. blah blah,blah... If you only shoot inside greenhouse, fair enough! To guys like me, I go to snowy mountains, sandy and hot dessert, sorry, I can't afford to risk using second best equipment!

Sorry, there are many photos. I hope you like them. C & C are welcome as always. Thanks !

-- hide signature --

Regards
Matthew Lin

My photo gallery:
http://www.matthewlin.com

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
LOLNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow