Started Nov 6, 2006 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jstrong
Senior MemberPosts: 2,445
Like?
***Mini Challenge #125 - Winners***
Nov 6, 2006

The theme for this Mini Challenge #125 was "Abstract Macros". The goal was be to display an image so close up that it could not easily be identified at first glance, or be so obscure as to peak the viewer’s imagination. It would seem easy, but the challenge I think is its presentation and creativity. The following images, in my opinion, were shown to have these outstanding qualities, although I cannot pick all of them....so the ones that peaked my interest.

First HM's in no particular order:

Deep Inside by ArminB

Polmegranate by ARand

Guess by Shirley

Tuners by Rod

Palm Leaf by Rod

Now on to the final five.... which was extremely difficult to narrow down

in 5th Place.

Abstract 3 by Malcy. This has an "old feel" to it, and I think would show lovely framed.

In 4th Place

Golden Squares by Bluewave. I was struck by the gold, green background, and the lines and squares hold my interest. Perfect lighting.

In 3rd Place

Eye of the Beholder by Robert. Again, the use of color here is outstanding, and composition well done.

In 2nd Place

Yellow by Kaplaucius. Perfect sharp macro and so well done.

and in 1st

Vertical Bumps by Bluewave. This caught my eye from the start. The color, sharpness, and lines kept me coming back to look at it again and again.

To everyone, all well done, and I could have picked many more for HM's and another final five...

Congrats Bluewave, well done and we look forward to the next mini challenge!!

jano

-- hide signature --

Please visit my gallery at http://www.pbase.com/jstrong

Some taken early at photography and some recent. Please comment on what you like and what you do not. Jano

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow