Started Nov 5, 2006 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ed hodgson
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,038
Like?
The misty glow of dawn
Nov 5, 2006

Just before we went off daylight savings time here, my drive to work was getting pretty well synchronized with sunrise. That made for some pretty nice commutes. On one of those mornings, the wispy morning mist on the Copper Hill golf course caught my eye and I just had to stop to see what I could do with it.

I took these two photos getting some of the detail of what, to me, seemed a particularly lovely fall scene.

Then I took the shots for this panorama to try and capture the whole impression together. Sorry, it's not ideal for a computer screen - you'll need to expand, zoom in, and then scroll to see it all at even reduced (600 pixel high) resolution, and if it's zoomed out enough to see it all on screen, I'm afraid you lose a lot.

It's an understatement to say I was captured by the moment. I could just picture driving the first tee shot of the day and following it into the misty glow of fall color in the light of the rising sun. (Not good thoughts to get you revved up for a busy work day. ;

Then I glanced off to my left and realized something special was happening there too, so i walked a few hundred feet west and took the shots for this panorama.

This isn't a scene I usually see in the morning because it is around a corner and then behind me as I drive, so I found it a special bonus from my golf course stop.

By the time I finished the second pano, the mist had mostly dissipated and the magic moment had faded into a typical gorgeous autumn morning.

Time to hop back in the car and get back on the road to work, but it was a really special ten minutes or so. I hope you enjoyed it too.

Thanks for looking.

Ed

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow