Started Nov 4, 2006 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
crtaylor
Junior MemberPosts: 33
Like?
Canon EF-S 18-200 IS (or so)
Nov 4, 2006

I am disappointed that Canon have not yet given so much as a hint that their answer to the astoundingly popular Dx 18-200 VR is forthcoming. Surely I'm not the only one poised to jump ship and sign up for a D80 + 18-200 VR combo. This single-lens concept is wonderfully appealing to a non-pro shooter. I had a 20D with the full range of L zooms for 18 months, but it was just too much for a guy who has a lot of life going on in many arenas besides photography. I sold it and went back to a fixed-lens, but the IQ is sometimes hard to swallow. I need a compromise. Canon must certainly understand that the majority of us who love photography are prepared to sacrifice a (VERY) little IQ and extremes of shooting flexibilty in order to more effortlessly and less obtrusively achieve what we really want from photography: beautiful memories. I think an XTi + EF-S 18-200 IS (or 20-140, or something in between, hopefully with about $200 worth of better build quality than the Nikon) would be the perfect compromise. BUT, I've put in my notice at bhphoto and amazon for a 18-200 VR, and if my copy comes available before I hear that Canon have awakened to the call, I'll buy it and a D80. What say you all?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow