Started Oct 31, 2006 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
donaldsc
Senior MemberPosts: 1,403
Like?
Dell Latitude E-1405 versus Dell XPS M1210
Oct 31, 2006

I am planning to buy a new laptop that will be justified for trip photography only.

I currently have a 40 gig portable hard drive that I use to dump my card to. I have 2 problems with this approach - I can never be certain that the photos are really on the drive since it does not have a viewer and I also can not properly check my photos.

I want something small, light, and transportable and i realize that I will have to give uo some features to reduce my weight. I also do not want to spend a ton of money.

I can buy the E1405 configured as I want it for $929. The XPS M1210 will cost me $1600.

As I see it, the advantages of the XPS are that it is 1 pound lighter ( 4.3 pounds) and much smaller than the E1405 which will save suitcase space. I worry that the 12" screen will be too small for photo work.

The E1405 is ~$600 cheaper than the M1210 but is bigger al around and weighs ~ 1 pound more.

I am leaning toward the M1210, especially if I can get a decent refurb at Dell but i still worry about that small screen.

Any thoughts or alternative suggestions would be apprecaited.

-- hide signature --

Don

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow