Started Oct 30, 2006 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Richard Osborne
Regular MemberPosts: 292
Like?
"""Mini Challenge 124 - In the Kitchen*** Winners
Oct 30, 2006

This Mini Challenge resulted in a rich variety of images on the topic. This was good from the point of view of enjoying the numerous excellent pictures, but bad from the position of having to adjudicate on a winning entry. In the end, rather than trying to apply a specifiic formula for "kitcheniness", I have simply chosen the pictures which, in my opinion, combined, (in varying proportions), photographic excellence, and a feeling of what is "important" in the kitchen.

Honorable mentions to:

A.Rand: A Coffee "kitchen" in A Bedouin Guest Tent

Falcon_: Only when you posted the larger picture did I get what it was, but the abstract feel of the cropped entry really appealed to me.

sueanne: All three of your family kitchen shots were lovely

Eric: An excellent combination of pin-sharp long exposure, and motion blur

Robert N: No one would have forgiven me for omitting this one - superb

Now, in third place, jstrong - those carrots are stunning, and as I said before, were reminiscent of the best still life paintings

Second place goes to Bill Prosser - there is an undefinable class about this picture which I loved

And in First Place: jstrong again. Brilliantly conceived and executed, unexpected, and absorbing - I could look at this picture for a long long time.

Many thanks to all the participants and congratulations to the winners. Now its over to you jstrong, for Mini Challenge 125.

Richard Osborne

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow