Started Oct 30, 2006 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
VAWhitney
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Novice picture taker needs a printer
Oct 30, 2006

Hello everyone. I'm new to the forum though I used dpreview.com to find both my cameras (Canon SD700 IS and EOS Digital Rebel XT). Now I need a new printer to print some of the 1,000+ pictures I've taken. I've used mpix.com a lot in the last two years but I'd really like the ability to do my printing at home. I'd like a printer that does REALLY good snapshot printing (lots of 4x6 and the occassional 5x7) and has a scanner. Though I can live without the scanner if the photo printing quality was excellent.

I went to Micro Center this weekend and was shown both some Canons and Epsons. The guy was really plugging Epson so I bought the RX580. I've only used it for two days but am not sure I'm entirely impressed. My pictures all open in PhotoShop and I've had a really hard time printing them as they are always way bigger than 4x6 even though I've done the correct paper settings.

Is there better printers than this? Perhaps a Canon? I'm willing to spend up to $400. Also, what is the difference between the Epson RX580 and R380? After rebates they were practically the same price.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow