ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
elgan
New MemberPosts: 14
Like?
Which lens???
Oct 25, 2006

Hi,

I'm new to all this photography talk, but I've been reading many subject on this forum recently and I'm turning in circles about which lens to buy!!!!!

I need lenses to do some sport photography and also some general shots (landscape/portraits). I thought the 28-300 f/3.5-5.6L IS USM would be ideal, because it would give me the range that I need and it also covers such a wide range. But I've read bad reviews about this lens recently and I'm not sure anymore!!!

Now, I'm thinking of buy the 70-200 f/2.8 IS with the additional Canon Extender EF 1.4X II to get the range that I need. With the money that I'll save by doing this, I hope to buy another lens with is more suitable for portraits and landscape (even though the 70-200 will be useful) maybe the 28 – 105 or 24-70?????!!?!??! Do you think this is wise?

I would be grateful for any advise that could be given. Basically, if saved some money and want to spent is wisely on 2/3 quality lenses that would cover -

1 Sport photography (outdoor football - low light)
2 Landscapes
3 Portraits

Which lenses would you buy????

The body I have is a 350D.

Many thanks

Diolch yn fawr

Elgan

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow