ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
nicekato42
Regular MemberPosts: 105
Like?
This forum has convinced me to go Pentax
Oct 23, 2006

Hi All,

I just want to start off by saying that this forum is fantastic. I was about to pull the trigger on a Nikon D80...but after reading the forums here, I knew I couldn't go anywhere else.

I've pre-ordered my K10D from the local camera store and I have already started my lens collection! Today, I went and bought the following lens for about $800 after rebate:

• Pentax FA 50/1.4

• Pentax DA 50-200/4-5.6

• Tamron SP AF28-75/2.8 Macro

With this set, I think I have almost the whole range I need covered...what do you guys think? Am I missing anything?

In addition, I am now looking for some teleconverters. From all of the threads I've read, it sounds like I should get the following:

• Tamron 1.4x Teleconverter. I've been told that there are 2 versions of this. The faster SP, and the standard version. However, from what I can tell, the SP is not made for the Pentax Mount. Does anybody know for sure?

• Vivitar 2.0x Macro Teleconverter. I can't seem to find this anywhere. I'm guessing that it is discontinued, hopefully I'm wrong! In any case, is anybody selling one?

I love shooting wildlife, macro shots, and I also try (key word try) to shoot my girlfriend's Chinese Dance performances. Very difficult!!

Thanks again for being such a great community!

Cheers,
David

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow