Big Ga
Forum ProPosts: 16,603
Like?
Re: Ya know Ga....
In reply to Warren Wright, Oct 23, 2006

Warren Wright wrote:

You are the 3rd person I have spoken to this week who now shoots
RAW and not JPG, I still shoot JPG, but am considering playing with
RAW simply due to the people who now do it exclusively...

The funny thing is, I've been contemplating switching back to JPG for some stuff!!

The biggest thing in making me do a 100% switch was that RSP only supported RAW files so it became a pain to have multiple development methods. For various reasons, we have been forced to now use a variety of processing tools so its not the issue it was.

I certainly would not stop shooting RAW for a lot of what I do, but I can understand that a good JPG is fine for a lot of people. It really does depend a lot on what you are going to do with the print, how good you are at nailing the exposure and whether you want to do any fancy stuff with blending etc.

Did try shooting RAW+JPG for a while, but it eats too much storage space, and studio neatly delivers processed JPGs that are nearly identical (apart from being smaller in size) to out of camera in a simple batch action, so for the time being, I've gone back to RAW only.

I found using RSP you could PP a RAW image QUICKER than using a JPG. But I'm pushing the envelope a bit with some images and there is a quality issue that I don't like with the RSP output when used with Oly files and kodak sensor noise.

I'll have a play (shooting RAW that is) and get back to you.

BTW, I'm currently up the farm, I might even have a sheep shot for
you.

I have emailed you a wooly shot of my own. Check your mail!

Cheers

G.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
shg,New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow