Sigma 30/1.4, what's the bad sample rate?

Started Oct 22, 2006 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
RainbowWarrior
Contributing MemberPosts: 779
Like?
Sigma 30/1.4, what's the bad sample rate?
Oct 22, 2006

Since I am pretty certain that this will be my next purchase, lens wise (because all the basic specs, as the feel and the usability are all excellent) I was wondering how many of you have stories to tell about lenses performing sub-par or even returns.

This is mostly due to stories about Sigma's so-so quality control which allows a high number of insufficient samples to make their way into the wild...

Also, a friend told me today, that there are apparently devastating reviews of this lens, yet I have not seen any, au contraire, I've seen plenty of people happy with their lenses, and praising it.

If someone can point out reviews that find significant fault with this lens over the performance of say, a 50/1.4 Nikkor then I'd be thankful for a link or a pointer where to procure them..

Of course, you may feel free to post some samples and tell me how awesome this lens is, but I think I got the positives pretty much locked down, now I want to take of those pink glasses and take a look at bleak reality...
Thanks in advance

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow