Started Oct 19, 2006 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mikesco
Contributing MemberPosts: 553
Like?
SD10 Sample Pictures
Oct 19, 2006

I recieved my SD10 Yesterday, it is a fun camera, I would not want it as my only camera as it does have it's faults. The AF is a bit on the slow side and especially not very good in low light, it also has some purple fringing issues as you will see in some of my pics, but for those who want a compact camera with a 10x zoom and a swivel lcd with image stabilization, this is your only choice, I view it as a specialty long zoom lense and it was cheaper that the majority of my dslr lenses. These shots are all in Nikon's vivid color setting. I think the have the sharpness and saturation levels in the camera set well, which is good since they are not adjustable in the camera. I wish they at least had a contrast adjustment though. For some reason Nikon's light blue sky coloring has always looked fake to me.

On the whole other that the purple fringing in some instances I am pleased with the picture quality. I will at least for a while allow the original sizes to be accessed but please use only what you need, because I am limited in bandwidth usage.
Here is the gallery: http://tapersmith.smugmug.com/gallery/2025163/1/103807125

Mike Smith

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow