Started Oct 19, 2006 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
tjframe
Forum MemberPosts: 62
Like?
LA Zoo + 100-400mm = FUN
Oct 19, 2006

Just picked up a 100-400 this weekend and wasted no time heading over to the LA Zoo for a test run.

It was pretty overcast so I had to open the lens up and really drop my shutter speed down since I didnt want to resort to higher ISOs. Even though all my shots were hand held without a flash I think they turned out pretty well. In a few shots I wanted more DOF, but oh well.. when the light is low and you are at 400mm hand held, something has got to give...

The verdict? Well, I think I'm in love with the new lens - and for me the IS kicked butt! In a few weeks when I head down to the San Diego zoo I'll be sure to bring my tripod, flash, and Better Beamer flash extender to see what the lens can do under more stable conditions.

As for the push-pull thing, I actually sort of dig it. Seems some people dont like it, but it caused me no bother at all. It remains to be seen if the 5D will suck in as much dust as a lot of people claim.

After being exposed to my first piece of IS "L" glass I'm hooked - I think the 24-105 is definately in my future.

A few pics are up at:

http://www.pbase.com/tjframe/la_zoo&page=all

• TJ

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow