Started Oct 19, 2006 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
paul1631
Regular MemberPosts: 108
Like?
1Ds mk2 noise at ISO 1600
Oct 19, 2006

I would appreciate hearing from anyone who can comment on the image quality of the 1Dsmk2 at ISO 1600 when compared to the 5D at ISO 1600.

I have read as many reviews on this subject as I can find and the overall difference seems to be that the 1Dsmk2 has more colour noise but retains more fine detail.

My question is, would using a 1Dsmk2 plus noise ninja to remove colour noise result in a better picture quality than a 5D. What I am thinking is that using this method one could obtain a picture that has more detail and perhaps not quite as good colour noise control, but pretty close.

On a similar line of thought, would I be correct in saying that when converted to black and white a photo from the 1Dsmk2 would be better than the 5D because one would have finer detail and the elimination of colour noise, though the 1Dsmk2 may have slightly less smoothness.

Also, may I add, after having searched this forum and having to wade through many posts that have degenerated to arguments over cost/weather sealing/pixel count/new releases/AF/handling etc etc and basically "my camera is better than yours". I own/have owned a 10D 5D 1Ds and 1Dmk2 and so I am fully aware of all the differences of a 1-series body. All I am interested in is the image quality of the 1Dsmk2 specifically at high ISO.

Many thanks for any replies.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow