Buying a new camera in a week or two

Started Oct 16, 2006 | Discussions thread
John Peplow
Regular MemberPosts: 403
Like?
Recommended lenses
In reply to Imaginee, Oct 17, 2006

OK, here are some more suggestions.

For Wide Angle: Canon EF-S 10-22 or Sigma 10-20. Both lenses are excellent. The FOV is amazing at 10mm and I consider one of them essential for landscapes and architecture. Check out the various reviews online. The Sigma is a little less expensive than the Canon and IQ is as good or better in certain situations. I have the Sigma and love it.

For Macro: Canon EF-S 60 f/2.8 Macro is a very good lens. It is sharp and allows very close focus. I don't own this yet but it is on my list.

For telephoto: Several choices Canon 70-300IS is a good choice as I've mentioned before. The Sigma 70-300 APO Macro is also a good choice if you are on a budget. IQ is very good for such an inexpensive lens, but I found the AF to be rather slow and noisy. I recently sold this lens and bought the Canon 70-200 f/4L and that is an excellent lens.
Check out all the reviews of these various lenses and they will help you decide.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow